Hello fellow foodies! Are you ready to delve into the world of delicious and healthy baking? Our easy-peasy and healthy banana bread recipe with oats is about to become your new favorite dish. It is not only a mouth-watering delight, but is also a guilt-free option for your breakfast cravings. So let’s put on our aprons and start baking our favorite banana bread!
Love Desserts?? Try these mouthwatering desserts from our Foodie kitchen!!
What you’ll need for Healthy Banana Bread Recipe with Oats
Before we get started, let’s assemble our cooking teams. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Overripe bananas (the more ripe, the better!)
- Barley flour
- whole wheat flour
- Creamy Greek Yogurt
- Sweetened with honey or maple syrup
- Eggs (our binding agent)
- a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- a touch of vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- chocolate chips for extra flavor (optional)
Magic of Oats
Why oats, you ask? These little powerhouses add tons of goodness to our Banana Bread. They’re like nature’s little helpers, packed with fiber for your gut, vitamins for your body, and antioxidants for your heart.
Grab a mixing bowl and dive in! Mash those ripe bananas until they become smooth and creamy. Now, mix together Greek yogurt, eggs, honey (or maple syrup), melted coconut oil, and a splash of vanilla extract. Mix it well till it becomes completely agreeable and lumpy.
Time for Oat Overload
Here comes the star of our show – Oats! Slowly stir those rolled oats and whole wheat flour into the banana mixture. This is where the magic happens. Oats add a great texture and hearty feel to breads.
Pour your batter into the greased loaf pan. If you’re feeling nice, sprinkle some oats on top for a bakery-style look. Pop it in the oven (assuming you’ve preheated it), and let the aroma of anticipation fill your kitchen. Bake until your bread is golden brown in color and a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Jazz It Up – Your Way!
Let’s talk creativity guys! Add some chopped nuts, dried fruits, or even some dark chocolate chips to give your banana bread a fun twist. Feeling a little spice? How about a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg? It’s your bread – make it yours!
Serving the Yum
Once your banana bread masterpiece is out of the oven and has cooled slightly, it’s time to cut and serve it. Enjoy it as it is or add a dollop of Greek yogurt and a dash of honey for extra flavor. Mix it with your morning coffee or a cold glass of almond milk – you are in for a treat!
Storing your Goodies
Do you want to make the goodness last? Keep your banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. For longer periods, wrap individual slices and put them in the fridge or freezer. A quick zap in the microwave, and you’ll have that fresh-baked aroma again.
Easy and Tasty Healthy Banana Bread Recipe with OatsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Craving a guilt-free treat? Try our simple and tasty healthy banana bread recipe with oats. Perfect for any occasion. Get baking now!
3 ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/4 cups coconut oil (melted)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to the recommended temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, mash 3 ripe bananas until smooth.
- Combine 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup, 2 beaten eggs, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. mix well.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Gradually add 1 cup rolled oats and 1 cup whole wheat flour just until a mixture forms.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Optional: Sprinkle some oats or chocolate chips on top for texture.
- Bake the bread for 45-50 minutes or till it turns golden brown, you can check it with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, then your banana bread is ready.
- Let it cool, then slice and enjoy your healthy Banana Bread with Oats!
- Perfectly Ripe Bananas: Look for bananas with deep yellow color and brown spots for natural sweetness and ease of mashing.
- Overnight Oats: For an even softer texture and better flavor, soak oats in Greek yogurt or milk overnight.
- Flavor Enhancer: Add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or even a dash of almond extract for an extra layer of flavor.
- Nutritious properties: Roast chopped nuts like walnuts or almonds before adding them to the batter for a more nutty flavor.
- Mix-In Medley: Combine dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans for a delightful mix of flavors and textures.
- Baking Alternatives: Convert your recipe to muffins or small loaves for portioned portions and quicker cooking times.
- Frozen Banana Hack: If your bananas are too ripe to use right away, freeze and thaw them when you’re ready to cook.
- Even slices: For clean slices, use a serrated knife and clean it between cuts.
- Freezer-friendly: Cut into individual portions and wrap in plastic wrap before freezing. Have a bite whenever you feel like eating something yummy.
- SHARE THE HAPPINESS: Gift homemade bread to friends or family – it’s a thoughtful gesture that’s sure to brighten their day!
Answering your Curious Questions
Can I substitute steel-cut oats for rolled oats?
Sure! Just remember, steel-cut oats can give your bread a slightly chewier texture.
Can I make this bread vegetarian-friendly?
Absolutely! Instead of eggs, substitute flax eggs, plant-based yogurt instead of Greek yogurt, and maple syrup instead of honey.
Can I reduce the sweetness?
Absolutely! Adjust the sweetness to your liking, or let ripe bananas be their natural sweetness.
Can I go gluten-free with this bread?
Absolutely! Choose gluten-free flour and oats to make a gluten-free version.
Nuts and Chocolate Chips – Can I have both?
Absolutely! Mix it up for a wholesome-chocolatey thrill in every bite.
Well friends, you are all set to conquer your kitchen with this amazing healthy banana bread recipe. Ready to make some delicious dishes and share some smiles? Get the full recipe here. Happy Baking, and remember – the secret ingredient is always love!