Avocado and black bean dip is nutritious and flavorful dip that combines creamy avocados with protein rich black beans, with some lime, cilantro and a touch of spices. It’s a versatile and delicious dip goes perfect with your favorite snacks and appetizers.
Avocado and Black bean dip is tasty, healthy and nutritious and is perfect for those, who are looking a high fiber and high protein recipes as it combines the creaminess of ripe avocados with a hearty goodness of black beans. This easy to make recipe is packed with fresh flavors and makes it perfect for an appetizer or party snack. With a hint of lime and cilantro, you can make this hearty avocado and black bean dip that goes perfect with tortilla chips or as a topping for your favorite Tex-Mex dishes.
Avocado and Black Bean Dip RecipeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Avocado and black bean dip is nutritious and flavorful dip that combines creamy avocados with protein rich black beans, with some lime, cilantro and a touch of spices.
2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: a dash of hot sauce for some heat
- Take a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe avocados using a potato masher or a fork to make them rich and creamy.
- Add the black beans to the mashed avocados, and gently fold them into the avocado mixture.
- Add diced red onion, diced tomato and chopped cilantro.
- Now squeeze the juice of one lime over the dip, and add cumin, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Taste the dip and adjust the seasoning, lime juice, or spiciness according to your preference.
- Refrigerate the avocado and black bean dip for at least 30 minutes before serving, it will help to the flavors of this delicious dip to meld thoroughly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, as a topping for tacos, or alongside grilled chicken, fish or shrimps as a delicious and nutritious dip.