Layer crispy bacon, ripe avocado, juicy tomatoes and fresh lettuce between slices of toasted bread, then enjoy your Avocado BLT Sandwich!
I consider this incredible BLT Club Sandwich with Avocado to be the best of the best!! If you love good, delicious sandwich recipes, this recipe is for you! It’s loaded with lettuce, tomatoes, ham, cheese, onions, eggs, bacon and avocado! Plus, I’m sharing an easy avocado mayo spread that will take this sandwich to another level! After trying this sandwich, no other will compare!
What Makes a Good Club Sandwich?
Well, this question inspired me to try out club sandwiches by adding and changing different of my favorite ingredients, and finally, I found my favorite flavor of club sandwich, without a doubt, the Avocado BLT Sandwich.
A classic club sandwich is made with three slices of toasted white bread and typical ingredients such as tomato, lettuce, ham, eggs, and cheese. But I take my club sandwich a step up, and add avocado mayo spread instead of simple mayo with bacon and other ingredients.
Recipe for Avocado Mayo Spread
Avocado is my favorite fruit, and the reason is because of its creamy texture and its versatility. So I’ve replaced ordinary mayo spread with my homemade avocado mayo spread, which is so easy to make and so delicious that it will be your next favorite spread for sandwiches!
1 large avocado, cut into small pieces
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
1½ tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Avocado Mayo Spread Recipe
In a medium mixing bowl, mash avocado pieces and combine the mashed avocado, Greek yogurt, and garlic with a fork. Add lemon juice, cumin and add salt and pepper as per taste. Cover tightly and keep aside.
Ingredients of Avocado BLT Sandwich
- Bread: 6 slices white bread, whole grain or sourdough
- Bacon: 6 to 8 slices smoked bacon
- Tomato: 1 large tomato
- Avocado: 1/2 avocado
- Onion: 1/2 red onion, or shallot
- Cheese: 2 slices of your favorite cheddar
- Ham: 10 slices mesquite turkey ham, or smoked ham
- Lettuce: 4 to 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- Eggs: 2 eggs
- Seasoning: salt and pepper, to taste
How to make Avocado BLT Sandwich?
First prepare the bacon: For 6 to 8 slices, use a large frying pan. Add the bacon to the cold pan, then heat over medium heat, cooking the bacon until crisp.
For more slices, use the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack and place the bacon on top of the wire rack. Bake the bacon at 425F until crisp and golden.
Meanwhile, prepare hard boiled eggs. Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, then add the eggs using a spoon. Cook the eggs for 10 minutes, then drain and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. Once cooled, peel and cut the eggs.
Next, prepare the spread: combine mashed avocados, Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Prepare the vegetables: Wash and dry the romaine lettuce. Cut the tomato, avocado and red onion into thin pieces.
Prepare the Breads: Toast the bread using a toaster or oven broiler. Place the bread on a large baking sheet and place the broiler on high heat for a few minutes, until the bread is toasted and golden. Turn the bread and cook the other side also.
Assembling the Sandwich: To assemble the sandwiches, use a spreader and apply a generous amount of avocado mayo on each slice. You will need 3 slices of bread per sandwich; You can apply the spread on either side of the middle slice.
Place lettuce leaves on the first and second bread slices. Add chopped tomatoes, turkey ham, shredded cheese, and chopped onion, if desired. Add second slice of bread, top with lettuce. Add chopped hard-boiled eggs, bacon slices and chopped avocado. Place the last slice of bread on top, then use a sharp, serrated knife to divide the sandwich into halves or quarters. Enjoy immediately.
Pro Tips for Avocado BLT Sandwich
Avocados: To make the creamy and smooth texture of avocado spread, opt. for perfectly ripe avocados.
Bacon: To make bacon crispy, lay the bacon strips in a single layer, starting with the cold pan, it will allow the fat in the bacon to render slowly, resulting in a crispy texture.
Seasoning: Season each layer with a pinch of salt, and a sprinkle of black pepper. This process will enhance the flavors of the sandwich.
Spread Mayo Edge-to-Edge: When applying avocado spread, mind to spread it to the edges of the bread.
What to Serve With?
Avocado BLT sandwiches are delicious on their own, but if you’d like to serve them with some side dishes, you can serve it with Avocado and Black Bean Dip, Mango Avocado Salsa, or with my favorite cheesy dip Costa Vida Queso, and for starters, you can start with Applebee’s French Onion Soup or Longhorn Potato Soup.
Can you Store the Leftovers?
Yes, you can store your leftovers of Avocado BLT sandwich for later, to do so, follow some simple steps:
- If you have assembled sandwiches with avocado, tomato and other fillings, It’s best to disassemble them before storing.
- Make sure to wrap the individual components separately.
- Place the avocado slices in an airtight container, cover the tomatoes, and store the cooked bacon in a separate container.
- You can also store the bread in a resealable bag.
- Refrigerate all components, and when you’re ready to eat, reassemble the sandwiches, and enjoy.
- Consume them within 1-2 days.
Try some other Avocado Recipes from our Foodie Kitchen!
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- Avocado and Black Bean Dip
- Avocado and Strawberry Shortcake
- 30+ Avocado Recipes for Every Meal
Avocado BLT SandwichCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Make your delicious Avocado BLT Sandwich with avocado mayo spread, and fill with ripe avocados, crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and fresh lettuce between slices of toasted bread.
6 slices white bread, whole grain or sourdough
6 to 8 slices smoked bacon
1 large tomato
1/2 red onion, or shallot
2 slices of your favorite cheddar
10 slices mesquite turkey ham, or smoked ham
4 to 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the veggies, toast the breads and set them aside.
- Mix mashed avocado, Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and pepper to make a smooth avocado mayo dip.
- Use a spatula to spread a generous amount of avocado mayo spread onto the toasted bread.
- Add lettuce onto the first and second layer, then add tomato onto the first slice of bread.
- Next, add a layer of ham, followed by a slice of cheese, and red onions, if you like.
- Add that second slice of bread with lettuce, then add slices of hard boil eggs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crispy bacon over the eggs, then the sliced avocado and the final piece of bread on top.
- Enjoy your Avocado BLT Sandwich as Brunch with your favorite sides.
Avocado BLT Sandwich Calories!
The number of calories in an Avocado BLT Sandwich depends on the ingredients used in the recipe, however, this Avocado BLT Sandwich with Avocado Mayo Dip calories range from approximately 400 to 500 calories per serving.
Other nutrition of the recipe are as:
- Protein:15-20 grams
- Fat: 20-25 grams
- Carbohydrates: 40-50 grams
- Fiber: 7-10 grams
- Sugars: 4-6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 5-7 grams
- Sodium: 800-1000 milligrams
Your Queries Got Answered!
What pairs well with BLT sandwiches?
What can I add to a BLT to make it better?
To make changings in classic BLT sandwich, you can add different ingredients like avocado slices, fried egg, or flavored mayonnaise like Avocado Mayo Spread.
What does a BLT sandwich contain?
A classic BLT sandwich typically contains crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, and juicy tomatoes, often served with mayonnaise on toasted bread.
How many calories is a BLT with avocado?
A BLT sandwich with avocado can contain 400 to 500 calories, however, it all depends upon the ingredients and quantities of ingredients used to make the Avocado BLT sandwich.
Why is the BLT the perfect sandwich?
BLT sandwiches are often made with classic ingredients like bacon, lettuce, tomatoes filled in toasted bread with mayo, making it a perfect choice for breakfast, or brunch.
Is a BLT for breakfast or lunch?
A BLT is commonly associated with lunch due to its savory nature, however, it can be enjoyed for both breakfast and lunch, or you can use it as for brunch.
What is the proper stacking of BLT?
Follow the steps to assemble your BLT perfectly:
- Toast the slices of bread until crisp and light brown.
- Spread mayonnaise or your favorite spread on both slices of bread.
- Put a piece of lettuce on the first slice of bread.
- Add the crispy slices of bacon.
- Add your tomato slices, and sprinkle some salt and black pepper.
- Top with final piece of toasted bread and your BLT sandwich is ready.