Longhorn Potato Soup is one of the famous side dishes offered at Longhorn Steakhouse, which is loaded with mashed potatoes, cheese, chicken broth and spices making it a favorite meal for soup lovers!
Longhorn Potato Soup Recipe
I always love making famous copycat recipes at home for my family, and today I’m sharing this wonderful and one of my favorite potato soup recipes, “Longhorn Potato Soup Recipe” made with mashed potatoes, chicken stock, butter, onions, cheddar. Going to share with. Cheese, and some spices. This creamy and cheesy soup is perfect for satisfying your food cravings or warming up on cool evenings.
Why you’ll love Longhorn Potato Soup?
✔️ It’s easy to make
✔️ It is suitable for beginners
✔️ This is a great recipe for mealtime starters
What is Longhorn Potato Soup?
Longhorn Steakhouse is a famous American restaurant, which offers a variety of dishes in its menu. Their signature dish is steak, but they are also famous for their appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, and beverages.
Longhorn Restaurant’s most popular dish is their Loaded Longhorn Potato Soup. This soup is made with potatoes, butter, flour, onions, chicken broth, cornstarch, water, mashed potatoes, half and half, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions and spices, making this creamy and cheesy soup a favorite side dish. Makes one from. For your customers.
Try more delicious Recipes from our Foodie Kitchen!
- Medieval Times Tomato Bisque Soup
- Rafferty’s Potato Soup Recipe
- Veggie wrap recipes with sauce
- Zucchini and Cheese Frittata Recipe
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad Recipe
How to Make Longhorn Potato Soup?
The good thing is that you can make this delicious soup at home by gathering a few simple ingredients and following our easy recipe steps.
You only need 15 ingredients and a few utensils to make this amazing Longhorn Potato Soup recipe. So gather your ingredients, and let’s get started creating these amazing cheesy flavors in your kitchen with me!
Best Copycat Longhorn Potato Soup RecipeCourse: SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Try this amazing longhorn potato soup made with potatoes, butter, onion, cheese, chicken broth, heavy cream, sour cream and the spices that add creamy and cheesy texture to the soup with vibrant flavors.
Peeled and chopped potatoes – 1 bowl
Bacon pieces – half bowl
Butter – 3 tsp.
Flour- 1/3 cup.
Chopped onion – 1.5 cups
Minced garlic – 1 tsp
Chicken broth – 4 cups
Milk- 2 cups
Heavy cream – 2/3 cup
Sour cream – 2/3 cup
Cheddar cheese- 1/2 cup
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Ancho chili powder- 1/2 tsp.
Salt- 1 tsp or as required
- Take a pan, heat some oil and add freshly chopped bacon pieces. Fry the bacon for 3 to 5 minutes to make it crispy. This will take about 5 minutes, after which, remove the bacon from the pan and set it aside in a paper lined bowl or plate for use later.
- Use the same pan and add chopped onion. Cook for 2 minutes or until the onion turns translucent, then add the minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour ⅓ cup flour directly over the onion and garlic mixture and stir well to form a roux.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Add potatoes and chicken broth to the pan. Stir the soup for a few minutes.
- Now add 4 cups chicken broth, 2 cups whole milk and ¾ cup heavy cream, mix all the ingredients well. At this point, you can add ½ cup hot water to adjust the consistency.
- It’s time to spice up your Longhorn Potato Soup. Sprinkle chili powder, salt and sugar. I recommend adding ancho chili powder, it will add a mild smoky flavor to the soup.
- Continue boiling the soup for 10 to 15 minutes and then check with a spoon to see if the potatoes have become soft.
- Take a hand blender and puree the potatoes to make a smooth and creamy texture of the soup. For this you can also use mixer or blender.
- Once it reaches your desired consistency, add ⅔ cup of sour cream and the fried bacon. Mix them well, and cook the soup on low flame for another 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the flame and take out the soup in a serving bowl. To make the soup more delicious, garnish it with bacon, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped bell peppers.
Your Queries Got Answered!
How many calories are in Longhorn Potato Soup?
Typically, a serving of Longhorn Potato Soup contains 200 to 300 calories, although this can vary with portion size and the ingredients used to make the soup.
How do you make potato soup not sticky?
Avoid mixing or mixing the potatoes too much to keep the potato soup from becoming sticky. Stir gently and use the immersion blender sparingly if necessary.
Which potato tastes best in soup?
Russet potatoes are known to hold up best in soups due to their high starch content, which provides a creamy texture without falling apart.
Why is there no flavor in my potato soup?
Insufficient seasoning can cause lack of flavor in potato soup. Try adjusting salt, herbs or spices to enhance the flavor.
Should I soak potatoes before adding them to soup?
It is not necessary to soak the potatoes before adding them to the soup, but it can help remove some of the starch, resulting in a slightly thicker soup. It all depends on your preferences and the texture you want to achieve.