Today, we will explore a simple and delicious gluten free banana pancakes recipe that is perfect for your healthy breakfast. Not only are these pancakes gluten-free, but they’re also free of added sugars, and there’s no doubt that they’re insanely delicious.
To make these amazing gluten free banana pancakes, you just need a few basic ingredients like ripe bananas and gluten free oat flour. Now whether you’re following a gluten-free diet or just want a delicious breakfast option, these gluten free banana pancakes will be a hit. Plus, you can top them with fresh berries, a spoonful of yogurt or drizzle some maple syrup on them for added flavor. So, start your day deliciously with these pancakes that will definitely make your morning brighter!
Ingredients for Gluten free banana pancakes recipe
- Ripe Bananas: The recipe will go with 2 ripe bananas. They serve as the primary base, and natural sweetener for the pancakes. Bananas are also a great source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium.
- Large Eggs: Take 2 large eggs to make batter. Eggs will serve as binding agents in the recipe. They also help to hold the pancake batter together.
- Vanilla Extract: ½ teaspoon of Vanilla extract will enhance the overall flavor of the pancakes.
- Honey (Optional): if you need extra sweetness, you can add 1 tablespoon of honey, however, it is completely optional and you can skip it too, because ripe bananas already provide natural sweetness.
- Gluten-Free Oat Flour: the primary dry ingredient of the recipe is oat flour. Its made from ground oats and is naturally gluten free. You can use 1⁄2 cup of gluten free oat flour to make these fluffy gluten free banana pancakes.
- Baking Powder: Use ½ teaspoon of baking powder. It is a leavening agent. It helps the pancakes rise and become fluffy.
- Ground Cinnamon: Use ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon. However, it is completely optional, it is just used to add a warm and comforting flavor to the pancakes. It complements the banana’s sweetness nicely.
- Salt: A pinch of salt is used to enhance the overall flavor of the pancakes and balance the sweetness.
- Cooking Oil or Butter: To grease the skillet or griddle, you can use Cooking oil or butter, it helps to prevent the pancakes from sticking while they cook.
How to make gluten free banana pancakes
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes are the best option for those who are looking for a gluten free or healthy breakfast option. These gluten free banana pancakes are very easy to make at home. By just following the simple steps of the recipe, you can make your own healthy breakfast at home, which is not only healthier but also tastes as delicious as you can imagine.
Easy Gluten Free Banana Pancakes RecipeCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
explore this simple and delicious gluten free banana pancakes recipe that is perfect for your healthy breakfast. Not only are these pancakes gluten-free, but they’re also free of added sugars, and there’s no doubt that they’re insanely delicious.
2 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey (optional, for sweetness)
1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
a pinch of salt
cooking oil or butter for pan
- Take a mixing bowl and mash the ripe banana until smooth.
- Now add eggs, vanilla extract and honey (if using) to the mashed bananas. Use a whisker to make a smooth paste by whisking all ingredients.
- Take a separate bowl, and add the dry ingredients like gluten-free oat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon (if using), and a pinch of salt.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, mixing until it becomes a smooth batter.
- If the batter is too thick, you can add a splash of milk to get the desired consistency of the batter.
- Take a non-stick pan or griddle and heat it on medium flame, then add a small amount of cooking oil or butter to grease it evenly. This will prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan.
- Use a ladle to pour a portion of the pancake batter onto the pan to make pancakes of your desired size.
- You can use the back of a spoon to spread the batter in a circular shape.
Cook until the edges begin to set and bubbles begin to form on the surface of the pancakes, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula, and carefully flip the pancake, and cook it on the other side for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Once it’s cooked, remove your gluten-free banana pancakes from the pan and keep it warm while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as berries, sliced bananas, maple syrup, or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
your queries got answered
Why are my banana pancakes rubbery?
Banana pancakes can become rubbery if overmixed; Excessive stirring causes gluten to develop in the batter, causing the pancakes to become tough. Make sure to mix gently for better results.
Why are my gluten free pancakes chewy?
Gluten-free pancakes can be chewy due to the absence of gluten, which provides structure. Over-mixing the batter or using some gluten-free flours may result in chewiness.
How does Jamie Oliver make banana pancakes?
To make Jamie Oliver-style banana pancakes, combine ripe bananas, eggs and a pinch of baking powder. Cook spoonfuls of batter on a hot pan until golden brown, then enjoy!
How to make gluten free pancakes?
To make gluten-free pancakes, combine ripe bananas, eggs, gluten-free flour, baking powder, and optional ingredients like vanilla and honey. Cook spoonfuls of batter on a hot, greased pan until bubbles appear, then flip and cook until golden brown on both sides.
What activates the gluten in pancakes?
When you mix pancake batter and stir it vigorously, the gluten in the pancakes is activated, causing the gluten structure to develop, resulting in chewier pancakes.
Does maple syrup contain gluten?
No, pure maple syrup is naturally gluten-free. However, it is important to check the label for any additional ingredients or flavors that may contain gluten.